- Ad sales are done by Massive, but Konami retains the approval rights for ad content.
- Ads should be age-appropriate for the audience.
- Ads should fit the general art style of the game.
- Konami has a guide with screenshots of the game environment.
- The process of planning where the ads will go and integrating the ad-serving technology into the game takes time that could've been spent on other work.
- It would have been nice to store the streaming ads locally on the Xbox.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Scratchpad: Interview with Konami
Dave Edery interviews Michael McHalle, a senior producer at Konami, on ad intergration into Karaoke Revolution Party for Xbox. Highlights: